Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Remembering our American Soldiers...

I really enjoy having long weekends. They are such a special treat to me. We are still unpacking and organizing rooms. That was what we did most of the time, but I didn't mind not traveling much.
Sunday morning we had a special visitor walk through our back door while I was cooking breakfast.


She escaped her owners. When we got her, she was dirty, hungry and shaking(hunger?). James and the girls fed her, bathed her, and played with her. I knew the kids would get attached. "Princess" seemed well trained, so we knew we wouldn't have her for long. She definately had an owner that put alot of time into training and groaming her. So James let her sleep at teh foot of the bed(along with all the kids), and she was back with her happy owners today.



I also got to my first paint project(ever!). My beautiful buffet table and cabinet I received from a wonderful coworker after the fire last year.
BEFORE

Big girl did the distressing a few months earlier during an episode of disobedience with my keys while she was bored...

EVERYONE HELPED



PUTTING ON SECOND COAT


AFTER



NEXT...

3 comments:

Asia said...

you all did a great job painting, very nice. cant wait to see the next thing to get painted.

Mia said...

How nice! The newly painted dresser looks lovely, and it looks like y'all had fun doing it!!

--Mia

Unknown said...

wow..right up my alley..gon' on HGTV